[sdiy] Korg KLM-1050 delay PCB

NT nathan at idmclassics.net
Sun Jun 25 21:23:26 CEST 2023

I got obsessed with this era of Korg delay since I first got a DSS-1. These
are the same Korg delay ICs as used in the SDD-1000 and SDD-1200 dual
version. I forget if the IC in the Poly 800 mk2 is the same or an adjacent
version, but it's also very close.  I think these are just grimey and warm
enough to get excited about if that's your sweet spot. The character they
add to DSS-1 and Poly800 is very nice.

At one point I was going to convert a DSS-1 delay board to be standalone
until discovering it was also used in the 1000/1200. Thankfully nothing
special is needed to control these - check out the SDD-1200 service manual
for a basic implementation with a CV controlled clock source and
modulation, and compare to the DSS-1 pdf pg22 to see whats missing on
there. A lot of the front panel parts on the SDD are redundant for the
second channel.

https://www.synthxl.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/Korg-SDD-1200-ServiceManual.pdf
http://www.buchty.net/korg/files/Korg%20DSS-1%20Service%20Manual.pdf

Nathan