[sdiy] Envelopes and gates from guitar

brianw brianw at audiobanshee.com
Fri Jun 16 06:22:39 CEST 2023

Bonjour Didier,

Schematics are available for the Roland GR-500 and GR-300 synths. Pat Metheny considers the GR-300 to be the best guitar synth ever made. I'd look at the analog section of those schematics. The GR-100 is also interesting - rare, but schematic for it are also available.

I'd start with the GR-300, and compare the others to see if the envelope followers and gates have any significant differences.

Brian Willoughby