[sdiy] Another LM13700?

Mike Bryant mbryant at futurehorizons.com
Wed Jun 14 10:17:25 CEST 2023

Actually a set of masks for a transistor or simple IC on a large process is under $10k now.  But yeah, if TI have subcontracted their manufacturing to you, then you may as well make some for yourself.  Almost every small-signal transistor in the world is now made in a large fab in Changjing where they turn out tens of millions an hour.  If that fab has a fire it won't be super-expensive SoCs or memory holding back the industry users, but 2N3904/BC547/name your favourite transistor.