[sdiy] Yves Usson's Minimoog Filter

Rutger Vlek rutgervlek at gmail.com
Sat Jun 10 19:19:45 CEST 2023

Hi David,

Here are some thoughts your original post triggered. They may or may not be
helpful:

1. I recall reading about some manufacturer of ladder filters clones,
explaining how they deliberately did not match all transistor pairs in the
ladder. I vaguely recall only the first (and perhaps last) pairs were
matched... With the rationale that things became to sterile with everything
tightly matched.
2. As others have said: input level plays a crucial role
3. What is your personal reference for the Moog ladder sound? Could it be
one of the more recent bass-compensated versions?
4. The VCA into which the VCF feeds, also plays a role in the sound of the
Minimoog. Could that be what you're missing?

Regards,

Rutger

Op za 10 jun. 2023 15:04 schreef Jean-Pierre Desrochers <jpdesroc at oricom.ca