[sdiy] EMS VCO expo

mark verbos markverbos at gmail.com
Tue Jul 11 17:29:09 CEST 2023

I don’t know about “advantage” but it is really noisy so it makes for much less short tern stability and what J. Haible called “living” sound. Almost like modulating the VCO with a little bit of noise.
I have done it and have found that the transistor being used as a zener is pretty likely to fail out in the field. I’m not sure why, maybe because one leg is floating? Anyway, I use a zener now.

Mark