[sdiy] NEC D936CT chip in my Muppet Babies keyboard

Benjamin Tremblay btremblay at me.com
Sun Jul 9 20:51:30 CEST 2023

I cannot find any pinouts for this chip.
I pulled if off the board (very carefully for me). Now I am trying to guess which io pins scanned the keys and switches.
I can’t find a pinout for this chip anywhere. Octopart denies its existence.
Not the same chip as the Casio VL and PT series monophonic keyboards, but hopefully somebody got a bonus for cramming the VL-10 functionality into this 28 pin DIP.

Ben