[sdiy] Careful with that old high-proof IPA

cheater cheater cheater00social at gmail.com
Mon Jul 3 07:45:33 CEST 2023

that stuff's overblown. that bottle that's been making the rounds
recently and created the latest peroxide scare has been sitting around
for, most likely, hundreds of years, in daylight, left alone to form
those crystals. and no one even touched on /how/ explosive these
things are. what will happen? a little poof? will it take your whole
arm off?

being scared without knowing what you're scared of just creates FUD.

i'd be curious if anyone has information on how badly explosive a
bottle of 500ml 99.7% IPA can get if left alone for 4 years, stored in
a dark cupboard. my bet: not very.