[sdiy] Compensation for triangle amplitude getting bigger at higher frequencies?

Mattias Rickardsson mr at analogue.org
Tue Aug 29 22:01:19 CEST 2023

When building a noisegate using TL074 as a comparator, I was surprised to
see that it was just as inappropriate as everyone had been saying all those
years. Short transients were undetectable. The op-amp output simply didn't
toggle directly on comparator detection, but was stuck for a little while
in its saturated state.

After redesign with the cheapest comparator IC instead, everything worked
as a charm. Just do it! :-)

/mr