[sdiy] Compensation for triangle amplitude getting bigger at higher frequencies?

Scott Bernardi scottbernardi55 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 29 15:38:41 CEST 2023

I've breadboarded a VCO with an OTA (as switch) - Integrator - Schmitt
trigger triangle / square wave generator at its core. I've noticed that at
higher frequencies, the amplitude of the triangle wave gets larger. Like
the output of the schmitt trigger is delayed in switching.  I'm using parts
of a TL074 in the integrator and schmitt trigger.
Is this because the rise and fall times of the TL074 become a more
appreciable part of the waveform time?  TL074 has 13 V/uSec slew rate,
which traverses the ~22v in about 1.7uSec, or the +/-5v trigger points in a
bit under 1uSec.  Even at a top frequency of 16kHz, that's about 2% of the
total period.
Is there a way to compensate for this?