[sdiy] is there a keyboard with keys that can be pulled out?

cheater cheater cheater00social at gmail.com
Thu Apr 27 23:56:31 CEST 2023

oh yeah I think I've seen those. I mean it's related, because the
input happens in the same axis, but it's a bit of a different kind of
thing as well, since it's more "virtual touch" rather than immediate
mechanical input. With something you can pull out, you can also look
at the keyboard to know which keys are pulled out. Also the keys could
remain pulled out even while you're not touching them. So if you have
like a pad synth or a vocoder, that could be doing things even while
you're not engaging the keyboard. So could the Touch Keys, but you
won't have the visual immediacy of knowing which keys do the thing.

On Thu, Apr 27, 2023 at 11:51 PM Andrei Kudryavtsev
<andrei.kudryavtsev at gmail.com> wrote:
> You can slide on them with Touchkeys if such a way works for you.
> On Thu, Apr 27, 2023 at 2:49 PM cheater cheater via Synth-diy <synth-diy at synth-diy.org> wrote:
>> As in subject, has anyone seen a keyboard where you can grab the keys
>> and pull them out lengthwise as an additional axis of performance
>> input?
>> We all know about keyboards where you can move the keys to the side,
>> but I don't think I've seen something where you can pull them out or
>> push them in.
>> Thanks
>> _______________________________________________
>> Synth-diy mailing list
>> Synth-diy at synth-diy.org
>> http://synth-diy.org/mailman/listinfo/synth-diy
>> Selling or trading? Use marketplace at synth-diy.org
> --
> Andrei Kudryavtsev,
> My last album Two Match - The 1st Fill on iTunes and Spotify
> Follow me on Facebook, Instagram
> Music technologies by
> Deftaudio www.tindie.com/stores/Deftaudio

More information about the Synth-diy mailing list