[sdiy] Kenton TB-303 sockets schematic?

rburnett at richieburnett.co.uk rburnett at richieburnett.co.uk
Tue Apr 11 13:00:20 CEST 2023

Thanks Roman.  You are right that there is a transistor of some sort in
there, and a bunch of resistors and that's it I think.

I know that it should never break, but I worry that one of the wires
will fall off somewhere and I won't know where to reconnect it to.  I
guess the only solution is to open it up carefully and take some hi-res
digital photographs documenting where the wires go on the PCB now while
it is still working :-)

The FILTER CV input definitely alters the sound if you insert a jack and
feed it from 0 volts (shorted jack plug).  The voltage input required on
this jack for "no change" seems to be about 3.1 volts.  As you hinted I
think it is fed into a summing node like where the VCF envelope sweep
and the accent envelope sweep get combined in the exponential converter
at the bottom of the ladder.

-Richie,