[sdiy] My Player piano roll project... refining my design

Jean-Pierre Desrochers jpdesroc at oricom.ca
Sun Apr 9 17:09:55 CEST 2023

Hi all again,

I’m still trying to refine my design and working on
the paper centering process circuit.

So far I’m using the tracker bar edge’s holes to detect
left/right paper movements while playing the rolls.
Those who are at the paper’s edge sides.
The system works pretty well

but still some rolls lacks of centering correction.
SO I want to do some tests using Photointerrupters - Slot Type – with open collector Outputs.
Like those types:

I’m trying to select the best accurate one to detect paper edges
not the overall paper cutting the IR beam..
Any idea of the best specifications to pick one ?