[sdiy] Transistor VCA - was Re: what opamp for "warmth"? (I know, I know...)

brianw brianw at audiobanshee.com
Fri Apr 7 20:22:38 CEST 2023

Thanks.

Since the rest of the circuit is powered with unipolar +5V, I assume that means all signals already have a positive bias. So there's no need to inject a bias into the signal.

If, instead, you wanted to add an input jack for external signals, you'd need a stage to shift the audio into the positive range before the VCA, otherwise there'd be some severe distortion.

Brian