[sdiy] what opamp for "warmth"? (I know, I know...)

René Schmitz synth at schmitzbits.de
Fri Apr 7 13:51:12 CEST 2023

You'll find the same VCA in the 909 in a few places. (Bassdrum , Toms,
Clap..)

Note how far the signal is divided down.

It's noisy, and nonlinear, and has some control feedthrough. Show what
you can get away with for a single monophonic signal.

The MS10 had the single transistor, the early "Korg35" MS20 had the same.
The later MS20 had a second transistor, which makes things more
linear/symmetrical and you can run larger amplitudes -> less noise.

According to the schematics the transistors shall be selected. jx3p also
says "SEL".

Anyone would know what for? Equal gain?

Best,
  René