[sdiy] what opamp for "warmth"? (I know, I know...)

Roman Sowa modular at go2.pl
Thu Apr 6 09:31:25 CEST 2023

That's a single transistor VCA and indeed it sounds amazing, although a
bit noisy as there is a lot of gain involved. I used it in my simple VCO
and it makes fat sound out of otherwise boring clean oscillator.
Here's a short video showing waveshapes on a scope. The input to VCA was
variable trapezoid to add even more fattness:
https://youtu.be/algsxOo6lns
And when you add 2nd transistor in reverse, that VCA becomes clean as
baby butt wipes

Roman