[sdiy] what opamp for "warmth"? (I know, I know...)

Neil Harper metadata at gmx.com
Mon Apr 3 23:18:26 CEST 2023

i know this is going to be controversial, and I'm grabbing my popcorn..

i have a digital effect that I'd like to "warm up" in the last dry/wet
mixing and output buffering stage. So wondering if there's any choice of
opamp that might give some favorable non-linearity quality to the output
sound. Would be running them with a single supply +9V.

as for what specs constitute "warmth", I'll leave that up to you.. :)

--
/// Neil Harper
/// Every Wave is New Until it Breaks