[sdiy] NVRAM for TR606?

Ullrich Peter Peter.Ullrich at kapsch.net
Mon Apr 3 08:32:07 CEST 2023

Hi!

I always wanted to design RAM+battery retrofits and also memory cards for different synths.
My preferred part for that would be the Infineon/Cypress FM16W08-SG (8kx8) or FM18W08-SG (32kx8), as they work from 2.7 to 5.5V - so
Suitable for old 5V and new 3.3V equipment - but it seems that they are hard to get these days at the normal distributors...

For these parts a RAM replacement should be possible quite fine - just take care of the minimum cycle time they need - for older synths
this is normally no problem as they have slow microcontrollers/CPUs but for newer parts this could eventually be a problem.

The benefit is that they need NO battery!

You can look for similar parts under Ferroram or MRAM...

Ciao
Peter