[sdiy] [OT] LM13700 spotted in commercial product of big Manufacturer

David G Dixon dixon at mail.ubc.ca
Mon May 16 18:17:52 CEST 2022

You're missing my essential point:  I build electronics by hand for
pleasure.  I derive no pleasure from handling tiny parts that I can barely
see and that have to be installed on the solder side of the PCB.  I have
installed SMD parts on boards by hand, and it is almost impossible for me.
On the other hand, I have systems for making through-hole PCBs and
installing through-hole parts that make it a snap to do.  I'm actually a bit
of a through-hole ninja.  For example, in one of my common builds, I require
60 10k resistors on two PCBs.  I can prepare and stuff those resistors in
less than 10 minutes, while watching TV at the same time.  I defy anyone to
do that with SMD resistors without a pick-and-place machine.