[sdiy] [OT] LM13700 spotted in commercial product of big Manufacturer

sleepy_dog at gmx.de sleepy_dog at gmx.de
Sun May 15 15:53:23 CEST 2022

Matthew Skala via Synth-diy:
> That is probably what the original poster had in mind when describing the
> use of an LM13700 in a new design as "unwise."  However, it was just
> specifically the DIP version that was discontinued by TI, and I think it's
> unlikely that Fender is actually using the DIP version.

no, it's precisely this:

> Remember that one important reason the LM13700 is
> so popular now is because it is pretty much the last OTA available.
> denoting the SOIC16 package; and SOIC is a "dated" package too.

Perhaps one should hope that such companies keep using them, so there is
a demand beyond synth DIY ;)

As for Tom's comment, stating that some of the other OTAs are being
cloned now:
Well, but those are very niche companies that are more fragile ships in
the winds of the market, eh?