[sdiy] a provoking question about time

sleepy_dog at gmx.de sleepy_dog at gmx.de
Thu Jun 23 12:42:22 CEST 2022

there are dedicated runtime keeper ICs, which have the disadvantage that
they don't do anything when not in use.
But if you have a typical runtime profile of a certain application,
perhaps you can estimate from the runtime the rough real time of
"sitting around".
Of course if someone buys a device for hobby and the use times are less
frequent / regular, bets are off.

I mean like this thing: (not in stock of course, lol)
https://www.digikey.com/en/products/detail/analog-devices-inc-maxim-integrated/DS1683S/3479531

You can query the total time it has been "on".

Roman Sowa: