[sdiy] Need Hex Standoffs

Mike Bryant mbryant at futurehorizons.com
Sat Jun 18 00:45:58 CEST 2022

Loads on Aliexpress e.g.            https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32862529967.html

-----Original Message-----
From: Synth-diy [mailto:synth-diy-bounces at synth-diy.org] On Behalf Of Terry Bowman via Synth-diy
Sent: 17 June 2022 23:41
To: SDIY
Subject: [sdiy] Need Hex Standoffs

I need at least 250 short non-metallic standoffs, male-female. Thread approximately 4-40, metric would work if it's close to that. Nylon would be good especially if it were black.

I've looked in all of the usual places and the prices are sky-high. I'm seeing prices over fifty cents apiece in hundreds and I need four for each board.  o_O

These are HV devices, 140V~450V (low current), hence the need for insulation. Nixie tubes, magic eyes, dekatrons etc.

All suggestions welcome.

Terry Bowman, KA4HJH
"The Mac Doctor"

"There is no Main Street anymore except at Disneyland—and try and buy a gun there"—Hank Hill