[sdiy] Using dual BBD chips for higher clock frequency

Didier Leplae didierleplae at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 17 00:02:27 CEST 2022

In an electro smash article about BBD’s, he mentions using dual BBD chips multiplexed to increase clock speed. He refers to the SAD1024 data sheet for more info. Unfortunately, I haven’t found a complete version of this yet, but I did find the first page in which they mention the same thing.
Maybe I’m misunderstanding how this is done? Would they not be in series then.

Doubling the clock sped would bring my lowest clock speed to 20k. Then I could set LP filters to around 18k which would mostly filter out inaudible frequencies.
The doubling of noise inherent to the chip is concerning though..