[sdiy] VCO that goes SHARP in highest octaves??

Neil Harper metadata at gmx.com
Thu Jun 16 03:37:51 CEST 2022

On 6/15/22 21:04, Mike Bryant wrote:
> I can't remember the original details or the circuit, but have you tried replacing whatever creates the exponential conversion ?    It may be the gain of it changes at higher input voltages more than any correction circuitry allows for.

hi Mike,
pretty much the last thing I haven't swapped out are the opamps,
LM137000 and the matched pair transistors. At this point I've just
accepted that there's a +10-20cent error at C8, because the transistor
pair SMT package I used is VERY small and I can't picture being able to
remove it and tack on some regular handmatched TH transistors to see if
that fixes the issue..

--
/// Neil Harper
/// Every Wave is New Until it Breaks