[sdiy] Can't find 1-bit ADCs

cheater cheater cheater00social at gmail.com
Fri Jun 10 15:40:35 CEST 2022

Tom,
that's kinda what I want, but different.
I'm looking for a high audio quality and good DC precision (12 bits
usable or better) ADC that will output 1-bit bitstream output. I would
prefer it to "full width" output (eg 16 or 24 bits) because I would
prefer sub-1-sample delay - I'm basically making a "digital audio
snake" where the output of the ADC goes pretty much directly to a DAC.
If the chip does 4, 8, or 16 channels, that's even better (because
it's hopefully cheaper and smaller and lower power).

A comparator isn't great, you'd have to run your own sawtooth
oscillator, etc, kind of annoying, and definitely not good for audio
quality. Won't /somebody/ please think of the golden ears... But no,
seriously, looking for good audio quality.