[sdiy] Can't find 1-bit ADCs

Tom Wiltshire tom at electricdruid.net
Fri Jun 10 15:00:44 CEST 2022

It also depends a bit what you're going to do with the output. If you *actually want* a simple bitstream of the data, then the comparator is probably the way to go. There are some very retro eurorack delays done like this: 1-bit ADC, fed to pile of old RAM chips, out to an integrator. Example:

https://modwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=2631837

Otherwise, if you want some more modern data format at the output (I2S or SPI or whatever) then who really cares how that is achieved? That'd be up to the ADC designers, and I'm happy to let them be the experts in that field!