[sdiy] Labeling Your Hoard of Stuff

David G Dixon dixon at mail.ubc.ca
Thu Jun 9 03:39:21 CEST 2022

I bought a very cheap rolling chest of 10 plastic drawers in a fairly flimsy
metal frame with casters.  This thing has been a god-send!  I put many of
the parts I needed for my Freak Shift builds into it -- electrolytic and
ceramic caps in one drawer, panel components in another, spacers in another,
sockets in another, ICs in another, etc, etc.  Some of the drawers have
dividers, and some just have different baggies.  Nothing is labelled, but I
know exactly where everything is.  I can roll it right next to my chair when
I'm soldering.  The only things I didn't put into it are resistors and film
caps, which I keep in separate boxes in a cabinet near my bench.  I've never
been this organized, and it has saved tons of time.