[sdiy] Labelling Your Horde Of Stuff

Mike Beauchamp list at mikebeauchamp.com
Wed Jun 8 03:47:45 CEST 2022

On 6/7/22 19:34, Terry Bowman via Synth-diy wrote:

> So what are you guys using?

I recently picked up a second hand Dymo Rhino 4200 label maker and
purchased a bunch of different size labels. The whole thing wasn't
cheap, maybe setting me back $150 at the end.

I have a LOT of things labelled in my shop, most were done with a
sharpie on masking tape and have since completely faded to unreadable
because of UV light from a nearby window. This includes hundreds of
small parts drawers, etc.

Even though everything is labelled in my shop, because of my bad
penmanship it looks like I'm the John Nash character in A Beautiful Mind
when people visit.

So for me the dymo makes it look like I'm not losing my marbles and
hoarding random electronics. It also paid for itself when came time to
organize the spice drawer, saving my marriage.

Note that this Dymo does nothing to check for "authentic" labels, and
offbrand ones are available on amazon and it also works with the cheaper
priced non-industrial ones.

Mike