[sdiy] Dave Smith

Terry Bowman ka4hjh at gmail.com
Fri Jun 3 03:39:01 CEST 2022

> On Jun 2, 2022, at 2:45 PM, Gordonjcp <gordonjcp at gjcp.net> wrote:
>
> I'm 48 and I still don't know what I want to do when I grow up.

Same here at 60. Had a heart attack (MI) when I was 45.

I had a chance to play around with Prophet Five in the early '80s. The owner was amazed at the sounds I was getting, having never laid hands on anything except for playing around with an MG-1 at Radio Shack.

I can still hear him shouting "no atonals!!" when I switched to crossmod.

Terry Bowman, KA4HJH
"The Mac Doctor"

https://www.astarcloseup.com

“...the book said something astonishing, a very big thought. The stars, it said, were suns but very far away. The Sun was a star but close up.”—Carl Sagan, "The Backbone Of Night", Cosmos, 1980