[sdiy] Electrosmith Eurorack DSP platform

cheater cheater cheater00social at gmail.com
Fri Jan 28 07:20:10 CET 2022

On Thu, Jan 27, 2022 at 11:00 PM Eric Brombaugh via Synth-diy
<synth-diy at synth-diy.org> wrote:

> I was seeing harmonics down slightly better than 80dB with all the
> mitigation measures active. Without it was more like 60-65dB. Not quite
> as good as even an inexpensive sigma-delta I2S audio DAC, but a few SMT
> passive parts beat that for cost & simplicity and I2S DACs don't support
> 12MHz sample rates.
>
> Eric

Thanks for the write-up, that's some great info. The github repository
was very helpful learning a bunch more about your approach. Really
nice of you to share, and those are some interesting results. I've had
a few questions if you don't mind.

Regarding the results - really impressive. Is that 12 MHz at 1 bit?

What was the performance at DC?

How many channels can you run on that ICE5LP4K? Assuming the data
comes from somewhere else and you want DC+Audio rates at enough bit
depth for a synth signal (pre-VCA/ENV which reduces required bit rate
but, say, it could be post filter, or any other module)

Do you think the same method could be used with a comparator or with a
saw oscillator to create a similarly inexpensive and good ADC?

Thanks!