[sdiy] Who apart from me things the whole MIDI board needs replacing ?

Roman Sowa modular at go2.pl
Thu Jan 27 13:48:21 CET 2022

But you can protect the input if you wanted to. Typicaly optos can take
up to 50mA, but limiting to, say 20mA can be easily done with splitting
this 220ohm resistor in half and putting 3V3 zener from there to GND.

As for detecting if it is MIDI or gate - if the pulse is longer than
288us, let's say 400us as safe threshold, then treat it as GATE. And the
other way around, if it was gate before, and then it sees all pulses
shorteer than 400us a few times, then switch logic and treat it as MIDI.

I'm sure this would encourage a few people to put up a video why a
module with such solution doesn't work, feeding it with very short
pulses, but for normal use this should work.

Roman