[sdiy] Who apart from me things the whole MIDI board needs replacing ?

Neil Johnson neil.johnson71 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 27 13:25:05 CET 2022

On Thu, 27 Jan 2022 at 12:10, Sean Ellis via Synth-diy
<synth-diy at synth-diy.org> wrote:

> Let me rephrase: in the circuit as shown will the MCU will get a signal no matter if it's a midi cable or a gate signal on a mono cable? Just seems like it would be easy to make a dual use input.
>

> >> https://raw.githubusercontent.com/jakplugg/Neutron-Sound-Dust-of-Time/master/schematic.pdf

Yes.... BUT... the gate signal source must limit the current to about
5 mA just as a MIDI transmitter would (e.g. +5V and two 220R
resistors).

So, you can't just feed it any old gate signal.

And some way to tell the micro that the signal on the RXD pin is
either MIDI _or_ Gate.

Neil