[sdiy] Electrosmith Eurorack DSP platform

Eric Brombaugh ebrombaugh at gmail.com
Thu Jan 27 06:07:49 CET 2022

The STM32H7 CPU used in the Daisy has similar capabilities to the
iMXRT10 in the Teensy 4, but the Daisy includes the audio codec and
64MB of SDRAM, while the Teensy has no SDRAM and a codec is available
using an add-on board. The STM32H7 runs a bit slower, but has on-chip
flash while the iMX requires external flash so there may be some
differences in memory bandwidth that fall in favor of the STM32H7.

On the software side, the Teensy has a very extensive and easy-to-use
audio library. Daisy also has an audio library but I have no experience
with that. Both claim compatibility with a wide range of development
tools including the widely-known Arduino ecosystem.

It's probably close to a wash, but if you need a whole lot of temporary
storage for audio buffers then the Daisy is probably a better bet.

Eric