[sdiy] Who apart from me things the whole MIDI board needs replacing ?

Mike Bryant mbryant at futurehorizons.com
Wed Jan 26 15:57:40 CET 2022

Agree on XLR, but not on the 3 pins.

Quite why everything in AV has to try to use the 3 pin version is beyond me since there's always been 2 through 6 way versions.   Early lighting systems often used the 3 pin before DMX512 came along, and I remember some speakers even used them before Neutrik brought out the Speakon.

And it's not like AES digital will get very far down the average mic cable.