[sdiy] 1-quadrant multiplier with 2164

David G Dixon dixon at mail.ubc.ca
Sat Jan 22 21:25:04 CET 2022

Here are three outputs of my Excel layout exercise.  This is the 18-stage
Dome filter in the Freak Shift.  The PCB is nominally 2.1" wide (although I
cut them 2" wide to get four out of an 8" blank and it is just fine) and
4.3" long (the maximum for eurorack).  Note that, since several boards stack
up, the empty spots under the rectangles on the left and right edges (which
represent pin headers) are for "pass-through" pins.  This particular PCB is
in the middle of the stack.

These images are the Layout (where I actually do the routing, by hand, of
all the traces -- it is much faster to do than you'd think), the Transfer
(which is what is printed on PnP Blue), and the Guide (which is what I look
at when stuffing, although now I build these completely from memory).  This
board is almost unique in my output, because it only requires one jumper
wire (the dark blue line on the right hand edge).  Incidentally, this Dome
filter works perfectly with both +12/-12V and +15/-15V supplies.

  _____