[sdiy] JLCPCB : was 1-quadrant-multiplier

Mike Bryant mbryant at futurehorizons.com
Sat Jan 22 11:16:25 CET 2022

John

Go for it.   I’ve spent the past 20 years designing prototypes for both large audio companies and SMEs then passing the hard stuff of manufacture over to them.   But with JLCPCB doing assembly at such low costs and high quality, and a couple of places doing metalwork at sensible prices, I’m now preparing two products to launch as my own once chipageddon comes to an end.

Also for the more esoteric parts, note that if you ask JLCPCB to create a stock number for a part, you can then buy a whole reel of that component already and they store it just for your use free of charge.   It’s quite an investment but I’ve done it with one essential part – only wish I’d been able to do it earlier with an STM32 processor that is now totally unobtainable.  Maybe people could get together an share the cost of a reel of 2164s ?

Mike