[sdiy] Tiny SMD parts

cheater cheater cheater00social at gmail.com
Fri Jan 14 07:28:49 CET 2022

On Fri, Jan 14, 2022 at 1:57 AM John Baldwin <my_one_opus at hotmail.com> wrote:
> I guess it depends if you’ve got an oven and stencils though or you’re going down the pcba route.

I think that's one thing a lot of people are missing - I'm asking
about chips. I don't care about passives, and I don't care about how
easy / hard stuff is to solder, since I am asking about a pcba
scenario. Honestly, the harder to solder the better, since that just
means it's tiny.

So... again... what are the smallest OP AMPS and TRANSISTORS
everyone's seen or used for audio? I'm looking for packages like 6-pin
BGAs for op amps and similar grain sized for transistors. QFN is
already bordering on too big (but acceptable if the power dissipation
doesn't allow a smaller device)

If we know some devices like this, we can build really tiny audio
circuits. One nice thing is that even if they generate a some power, a
lot of it can be sunk into the PCB, and in the worst case scenario you
can put all parts on one side of the pcb (while routing on both sides)
and slap a heatsink on the other side.