[sdiy] Low voltage synthesis?

Tim Parkhurst tim.parkhurst at gmail.com
Thu Jan 13 21:47:37 CET 2022

I always thought the 1.2V/O Buchla standard made a lot of sense. Maybe
something like that (0.1V/step), scaled down would be nice. On a +/-3V
system, take a 0 to 2.4V signal to cover 10 octaves, giving you 0.02V/step
or 0.24V/Octave.

One by-product of LVSDIY might be modular levels that are easier to use
with existing guitar effects boxes. We're definitely closer to line-level
or even instrument-level signals here, right?

Cheers,

Tim (I'll admit the LVSDIY acronym needs some work) Servo
---
"Imagination is more important than knowledge." - Albert Einstein