[sdiy] Low voltage synthesis?

Roman Sowa modular at go2.pl
Thu Jan 13 18:13:58 CET 2022

1.5V rails might be slightly insane, but +/-3V why not.
Not to mention +/-5V, which is advertized in many opamp datasheets as
"high voltage".
Synths rarely run signal hitting anywhere close to +/-15V rails, more
like 5 to max 10Vpp. Scaling it down to 6Vpp in +/-3V system looks then
like no change at all.

5V synth is actually one of my current obsessions so (forgive my
blantant bragging) here are 2 examples:
this is powered from +/-3, but will happily run at +/-1.5V too:
https://midi-hardware.com/index.php?section=prod_info&product=Pierdzidelko

and this runs down to 1.8V, although good performance starts at 2.1V:
http://sowa.synth.net/schem/vco8/

Roman