[sdiy] Looking for a specific sample-player/expander IC/module

grenert grenert at gmail.com
Mon Jan 10 22:51:31 CET 2022

There's a company that makes basic MIDI soundcards for obsolete interfaces
for vintage PC gaming, using the Dream chips:
https://www.serdashop.com/RetroSoundcards

Here's an example of one in action with an HP Palmtop (which is it's own
kind of wonderful obsoleteness and utility; I have a heavily upgraded one):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dnBLijJ87EE
Quite a Rube Goldberg setup to connect everything...

-J. P.