[sdiy] Breaking news: synthCube to acquire Small Bear

David G Dixon dixon at mail.ubc.ca
Mon Jan 10 22:46:12 CET 2022

The only issue that became a nuisance for me (with many customers in the EU
and the UK) is that, as of July 2021, the EU implemented a rule that the
recipient's telephone number had to be on the mailing label.  Hence, now I
have to make sure that all my European customers give me their phone
numbers.  The mail service I use here in Canada won't even let me complete
creating the mailing label until I have put in the telephone number, if the
address is in an EU country.

I've never had to pay, nor have I ever been asked to pay, VAT in any
country.  Of course, most of my shipments are US$300 or more in value, so
perhaps that is why.