[sdiy] Breaking news: synthCube to acquire Small Bear

Roman Sowa modular at go2.pl
Mon Jan 10 22:24:35 CET 2022

In order to send anything to EU non-business customer, you have to pay
VAT to the tax office in the country of this customer. Within EU it is
somewhat organised that way, so in every country there's just one place
to pay, so I don't have to make individual payments to every EU members,
but only declare how much goes where, and pay it all together locally. I
have no idea how it works if you send something from outside EU.
Basicaly what UK did with Brexit appeared so splendid idea to EU
legislators, so half a year later they've invented this, which IMHO is
even worse than Brexit. Actually my customers in UK are more lucky now
than whole EU, because it's easier to send something to UK than within
EU. So like many other small shops, since July 1st, I deal only with
business customers in EU.

UK is easy, just make sure the stuff is worth more than 135UKP and ship
it like it's 1990

Roman