[sdiy] UK VAT (was Re: Breaking news: synthCube to acquire Small Bear)

Mike Bryant mbryant at futurehorizons.com
Mon Jan 10 21:22:33 CET 2022

It's the same EU directive so nothing to do with Brexit.  It was in motion long before 2020 and just happened to coincide.  The other EU countries are slowly introducing the same rules as per the directive.  The problem has more been that the UK was prohibited from joining the OSS scheme because of Brexit so had to do its own thing.  So you need one registration for the UK and one for the EU.

I know some Chinese suppliers have just given up dealing with the UK and Europe because of it, notably my mid-range ADC/DAC supplier.