[sdiy] Looking for a specific sample-player/expander IC/module

Mike Bryant mbryant at futurehorizons.com
Mon Jan 10 12:30:57 CET 2022

I think your friend may have got this system before Roland won their court case and all his effort would have gone to waste anyway.  The final agreement said the chips could only be used in karaoke machines, PC sound cards and the like.   I think a virtual pipe organ would definitely have been out of bounds as it would probably have competed with Roland's products and violated their copyrights.