[sdiy] Looking for a specific sample-player/expander IC/module

Blender jrblndr at gmail.com
Sat Jan 8 19:34:31 CET 2022

thanks everybody, OF COURSE i finally found it myself 5 minutes after
sending this email out... its DREAMs SAM chips from france. I also finally
found some old emails i tried sending them, without any response. and it
still is really hard to find any kind of information or even shops for
these chips, eve though i am pretty sure they are being used in quite a lot
of commercial products. looks like ATMEL might have bought the company in
the meantime? or at least they also offer similar series of SAM-named
synthesis SOCs. i reached out via email (for the third time over 2
years...) to see if they respond.

https://www.dream.fr/devices.html#S5

but yeah, thanks for your guys input as well, consider this case close -
*unless* someon has experience with those chips and is willing to share
some information