[sdiy] Looking for a specific sample-player/expander IC/module

Kenny Balys kenny at beatkamp.com
Sat Jan 8 17:56:05 CET 2022

This stuff?https://www.sparkfun.com/categories/343
-------- Original message --------From: Blender via Synth-diy <synth-diy at synth-diy.org> Date: 2022-01-08  16:47  (GMT+00:00) To: synth-diy at synth-diy.org Subject: [sdiy] Looking for a specific sample-player/expander IC/module Hello fellow builders,1-2 years ago i discovered this chip (or was it a pcb module?) by a specialized manufacturer that allowed for rather complex sample playback (ie. with multi-sampling, envelopes etc etc) that came with quite a big integrated memory (at least 4gb and 8gb options iirc). Now, my degrading brain unfortunately forgot the name of the company, and i also fail to find anything in my browser histories... spent a few hours today trying to google it to no success.i am pretty sure the same or at least a similar chip is used in the v3sound expander modules:https://www.v3sound.com/de/d-produkt-sonority-xxl.htmlon my search today i came across https://www.vlsi.fi which is similar, but not it. i do think to remember that the company had an "f" in their name, maybe "fun" or "cool"? obviously its not coolaudio though. pretty sure i was on the (chinese?) OEM manufacturer site at some point.does anybody have a clue?best,philip