[sdiy] Which transistors for synth circuits?

cheater cheater cheater00social at gmail.com
Sat Jan 1 14:24:43 CET 2022

On Sat, Jan 1, 2022 at 1:09 AM Adam Inglis (synthDIY)
<synthdiy at adambaby.com> wrote:

> > On 1 Jan 2022, at 09:17, cheater cheater via Synth-diy <synth-diy at synth-diy.org> wrote:
> >
> > Poor or not, that's what his OBX was using.
> >
> > As for my question, I'm more interested in the non-linearities of the
> > transistors in question, and whether there's some uniqueness to that.

I just don't believe that topology can always let you fully escape the
physical properties of a part.

On the other hand I'm sure there are situations where it can, and I
wonder if that's the reason why all modern synths sound exactly the
same type of bland.