[sdiy] Special tools for SMT

Chromatest J. Pantsmaker chromatest at azburners.org
Sat Feb 12 17:22:02 CET 2022

Until you're over at your mates place and you don't have your special
screwdrivers with you.  I'm not saying to *not* have safe tools, but to
practice all of the safety measures working on mains voltages.

I used to tune FM transmitters running ~20,000 watts at ~6,000 volts.  A
couple steps require the power to be on, and your hand inside the cabinet
turning a pot.  No tools involved, just your bare hand.  With that kind of
work, you very quickly learn important stuff. Such as, standing (or
kneeling) in a comfortable position, with both feet under you.  So you
don't slip and grab or brush something.

Now this thread is fully off the rails!  (hehe)