[sdiy] Ge transistor tester weird results

Mike Bryant mbryant at futurehorizons.com
Mon Feb 7 19:02:02 CET 2022

Nobody is going to program a tester for Ge devices.

My guess is the tester sees a lot of leakage and assumes this is due to the current being fed into the base.  So it calculates some almost random number for the hFE.  I'd be very surprised if you have any of those devices more that about 30.

Why are you using them anyway ?  Best use for them was for strengthening tarmac which we used to do in the 1960s with all the dead ones :-)