[sdiy] ODP: Re: Understanding 80s Synth Architectures

Phillip Gallo philgallo at gmail.com
Fri Feb 4 20:24:01 CET 2022

Well yes, you could acquire every bit of this info (often with more
exhaustive treatment)  elsewhere.
I think it was that MAM was a compendium of approaches and ideas that made
this publication such interesting reading in 1980-81 (arpanet days ..
pre-WWW).

I'll bet many folks "skim-read" portions (or all) of the book and placed it
into the book shelf knowing it was at arms length if needed.  I think that
is what made it so popular.
The 1985 update included so much additional info (such as Chroma info) that
I purchased the book again.