[sdiy] Some Audio DSP prototypes

Mike Bryant mbryant at futurehorizons.com
Wed Apr 20 18:32:07 CEST 2022

Ø  From: Synth-diy [mailto:synth-diy-bounces at synth-diy.org] On Behalf Of Tom Wiltshire

Ø  Yep. In the old days, if you didn't like Microchip or what they were doing with the PIC, you could move to Atmel / AVR!! Now, we don't get that option.

When Microchip bought Atmel we feared the worst, as we have used Atmel as our low performance MCU for ages.  But actually I have to say they've carried on supporting all the devices, whereas for example Infineon bought International Rectifier and have since obsoleted half of the stuff we have used from IR, resulting in our clients requesting assistance in approving substitute parts FOC.